Jump to Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious appetizer that is simple and quick to throw together then look no further than this warm, cheesy Cream Cheese Bean Dip. Everyone will love it and it will be gone before it has a chance to cool down!
I usually make this every year for Super Bowl because its the kind of appetizer that makes a ton, is easy to make, and is SO addicting!
This recipe is ideal for potlucks, cookouts, game night, parties, Super Bowl, or whatever occasion you find yourself needing an appetizer. I love that it’s a hassle free recipe and pretty budget friendly as well.
Furthermore, it’s a very versatile dish. You can add whatever ingredients you like to this dish…You can spice it up by adding more hot sauce, hot salsa, red pepper flakes, or jalapeños.
Add even more flavor with onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and chili powder.
Want More Awesome Appetizers?
You’ll love these!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Flautas (Gluten-Free)
What Can I Serve with Cream Cheese Bean Dip?
We love eating this bean dip with tortilla chips but here’s some other great ideas:
- kettle chips
- Toasted baguettes
- Veggie sticks
- Pita Chips
What Cheeses Work Best For Cream Cheese Bean Dip?
We used a combination of both medium cheddar cheese and pepper jack cheese. You can choose any combination of your favorite cheeses. Monterey Jack cheese, white cheddar cheese, and Colby Jack cheese would all work, too.
The thing to keep in mind, though, is to buy block cheese and shred it yourself. I find that it melts better than the pre-packaged shredded kind.
Get Creative with Toppings!
You can garnish this recipe with things like black olives, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, jalapeños, cooked crispy bacon, and cilantro.
Storing and Reheating
If you happen to have any leftovers, you can either leave in the pan and cover with plastic wrap or transfer bean dip to an airtight container and stick in the fridge for up to five days.
To reheat, stick pan of bean dip in oven until cheese is melted and heated through. Alternatively, scoop desired amount of bean dip into a microwave safe dish and microwave until cheese is melted and dip is heated through.
Cream Cheese Bean Dip
- 2 16 oz. cans refried beans
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. salsa
- 1 1 oz. packet taco seasoning mix
- 2 c. shredded medium cheddar cheese, (or your fav.)
- 2 c. shredded pepper jack cheese, (or your fav.)
- sriracha sauce to taste, optional
- hot sauce to taste, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9×13" baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in refried beans, sour cream, and softened cream cheese. Blend it well by hand or for best results, use a hand mixer.
- Add in the salsa and taco seasoning mix and stir to combine. Optional: add in hot sauce, sriracha sauce, or chili powder to add a little heat.
- Spoon bean mixture into 9×13" baking dish and spread evenly around with spatula.
- Top with shredded cheeses and bake for about 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and dip is heated through. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please let us know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below!
And, don’t forget to share a picture and mention @thetickledtastebud on Instagram and tag us at #thetickledtastebud.
Want even more? Subscribe to our recipe email list (its free and easy) and follow us on Pinterest and Facebook.
Copyright © The Tickled Tastebud. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to like back to this post for the original recipe and directions.
This dip is so flavorful with yummy creamy cheese! I love it! It really is addicting!