Jump to Recipe
If you find that you have overripe bananas on hand and don’t know what to do with them, then you really need to make these easy and mouth watering gluten-free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
It’s a moist, dense banana muffin with added chopped pecans and loads of bittersweet chocolate chips. They’re a great breakfast and snack choice because they’re small and portable and are just so darn scrumptious!
I use bittersweet chocolate chips a lot of times in my baking because they’re not too sweet. If you’re like me, then stick with the bittersweet chocolate chips. The muffin will still be sweet enough.
However, if you have semi-sweet chocolate chips on hand, then you can use those also and it will still taste amazing!
If you like these gluten-free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins then you’ll also love Coffee Cake Banana Nut Mini Loaves and Fluffy Banana-Pecan Pancakes (gluten-free). Also, check out these Applesauce Walnut Muffins.
Can I Make These Ahead of Time and Freeze Them?
Yes, you can. Make and bake these as normal and once they’re cooled down stick them in a gallon sized freezer bag and freeze for up to two months. Make sure to get all of the air out of the bag for best results.
Storing Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Store the left over muffins you have in an airtight container. They will keep for up to a week in the fridge. These muffins are best served warm. Simply microwave for about 5-8 seconds or until warmed through.
- muffin pan
- paper muffin liners
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c. sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 c. gluten-free flour, Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 baking flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed up
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° and line muffin pan with paper liners; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using a hand mixer, cream together butter and both sugars.
- Next, add in the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract and blend until just combined. Add in the mashed bananas and blend again.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and blend on medium/high speed until everything is mixed well.
- Fold in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into each muffin liner a little more than halfway full. Bake for about 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please let us know your thoughts by leaving a rating and comment below!
And, don’t forget to share a picture and mention @thetickledtastebud on Instagram and tag us at #thetickledtastebud.
Want even more? Subscribe to our recipe email list and follow us on Pinterest and Facebook.
Copyright © The Tickled Tastebud. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to like back to this post for the original recipe and directions.
These are really good; moist and so tasty with banana and nuts. The chocolate chops add the finishing touch! Could eat these all day!