Jump to Recipe
There’s plenty of loaded flavor, cheesy goodness…oh, and BACON in this mouthwatering Cheesy Bacon Spinach Dip!
What’s a party or gathering if there isn’t any good appetizers to feast on? I mean, that’s what makes a party, am I right? Well, that and good company, of course.
This Cheesy Bacon Spinach Dip is so creamy and cheesy and addicting, you won’t be able to stop munching on it.
Make this for your next holiday party, family gathering, game night, or even when hosting a girls’ night in. Heck, just make it because there’s loads of cheesy goodness, spinach, and bacon going on in this dish.
Need more appetizer ideas? Check these out!
What are some good foods for dipping?
We tried this dip with baguette slices, these gluten-free crackers, and veggie sticks (carrots and celery). Other great options would be various crackers like butter crackers, melba toast crackers, pita chips, pretzels and even tortilla chips.
Try other veggies like chopped broccoli and cauliflower bites.
This hearty dip can even be used as a spread for burgers and sandwiches, providing even more flavor!
Can I make this Cheesy Bacon Spinach Dip ahead of time?
Yes you can. In fact, I made this cheesy dip a day before I was serving it and it came out fantastic.
Just mix everything up and cover in a bowl with plastic wrap. When you want to serve this dip, place in baking dish and bake as normal. Can be made up to 2 days before wanting to serve.
Can I use fresh spinach instead of frozen?
Yes! If you don’t have or can’t find frozen spinach, then use fresh; about 4 cups. Simply sauté fresh spinach in a little olive or avocado oil and cook until wilted.
Wait until spinach has cooled down and squeeze out extra moisture until it’s dry. Extra moisture left in the spinach will cause the dip to be a bit runny and just not quite how we want the dish to turn out.
Cheesy Bacon Spinach Dip
- Hand mixer, optional
- 7X11" baking dish or 2.5 quart baking dish
Cheesy Bacon Spinach Dip:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1/4 c. mayo
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- dash red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 c. parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 c. mozarella cheese, divided
- 1 c. cooked bacon, crumbled
- 12 oz. frozen spinach, defrosted and moisture squeezed out thoroughly
Foods for Dipping:
- Fresh veggies, ex. carrot and celery sticks
- baguette slices
- gluten-free or regular crackers, butter crackers or melba toast crackers
- tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly grease baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, Worcestershire, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and salt & pepper. For best results, use a hand mixer so everything combines well.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, cooked crumbled bacon, and spinach. Blend until mixture is combined.
- Spread cheese mixture into prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Place into oven and bake until bubbly and cheese is melting and starting to brown just a bit around the edges. About 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Did you make this dip? Please leave a comment below and make sure and give this recipe a rating, too!
If you make this, or any of our other delicious recipes, make sure and tag us @thetickledtastebud and use hashtag #thetickledtastebud so we can see your pics!
For now, happy eating and we’ll see you next recipe!
Copyright © The Tickled Tastebud. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to like back to this post for the original recipe and directions.