Jump to Recipe
These gluten-free Walnut Maple Bars are bursting with warm maple flavor, crunchy walnuts, and a sweet “cake mix” shortbread crust.
These deliciously sweet and crunchy Walnut Maple Bars will soon become your new favorite treat!
This is the perfect dessert for those who love maple flavor everything. These bars are perfect anytime of year, not just for cooler fall and winter months.
This recipe uses a store bought cake mix, which makes the process of making these bars so much easier! So, if you’re short on time and need a quick and easy dessert to make, then give these bars a try.
These bars sort of give me pecan pie vibes. I think it’s the filling that reminds me of it. It doesn’t taste anything like pecan pie, of course, because of the maple flavor.
Just the overall appearance and texture resembles pecan pie.
So, if you’re into that, then you’ll love these scrumptious bars.
Looking for more irresistible bar recipes? You’ll love these!
Chocolate Pecan Bars (Gluten Free)
Peanut Marshmallow Bars
Oatmeal Cherry Bars (Gluten-Free)
Gluten-Free S’mores Cookie Bars
Sugar Cookie Bars (Gluten-Free)
Peppermint Cheesecake Bars (Gluten-Free)
Can you freeze Maple Walnut Bars?
Yes, you can freeze these bars so you can have them on a later day. After these are frozen be sure to let them defrost on the counter before eating.
You can store in an airtight, freezer safe container or in a ziplock bag, removing as much air as possible. Should last a couple months in the freezer that way and stay fresh.
- 9X13 Baking Pan ceramic or glass
- 1 package gluten-free cake mix
- 1/3 c. butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract, optional
- 1 1/3 c. maple pancake syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. maple flavor extract
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease baking pan with butter or cooking spray and set aside.
- For the crust, reserve 2/3 of the dry cake mix and set aside. Combine remaining cake mix , melted butter, egg and vanilla extract (optional) in a large bowl. Stir until thoroughly blended. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Press mixture into baking pan and bake for about 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- For the topping, combine the 2/3 c. reserved cake mix, maple pancake syrup, eggs, brown sugar, and maple extract in a large bowl. Beat for a couple of minutes until well combined.
- Pour over crust and sprinkle top with walnuts. Bake at 350° F for about 30-35 minutes or until filling is set.
- Make sure bars cool completely before cutting into squares. I like to keep my bars in the fridge so they set up better. Makes 24 bars.
Did you make these bars? Please let us know your thoughts down below in the comment section and leave a star review while you’re at it!
Also, if you’re not already, make sure and subscribe to our email list: It’s free & easy and you’ll always be up to date with our latest recipes!
Follow us: You can also find us over at Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook…come check us out!
Until then, thanks for stopping by & happy eating!
Copyright © The Tickled Tastebud. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to like back to this post for the original recipe and directions.
These look so delicious and simple to make! I can’t wait to try them on my own because I have all the ingredients to! So simple but so good!!