Jump to Recipe
These delicious Gluten Free Chocolate Pecan Bars are chewy, crunchy, and so satisfying! It’s like sort of biting into a pecan pie but with the addition of rich melty chocolate throughout the filling.
I got this recipe from a Paula Deen cookbook and knew instantly I needed to make it.
I did change the recipe slightly by using gluten-free flour and changing the temperature just a bit to fit my needs. However, the rest of the recipe remains the same.
If you are someone who loves pecan pie during the holidays, then I think you’ll absolutely love this chocolate pecan version. It’s so convenient and, in my opinion, easier to make.
These Gluten Free Chocolate Pecan Bars would make a great addition to your Thanksgiving dessert table. Or, how about bringing them with you to your next Christmas party.
I’m thinking these would even been great for those cookie exchange parties that are so popular during the holiday season.
How to Store Chocolate Pecan Bars
If these tasty bars don’t get eaten up right away, then they can always be saved for another day. Place bars in an airtight container and they should keep for 4-5 days in the fridge.
These can also go in the freezer. Just place bars in gallon sized ziplock bag and make sure all of he air is out before placing in the freezer. Should last 1-2 months.
Chocolate Pecan Bars (Gluten Free)
- 9×13" ceramic baking dish
- 2 c. gluten free flour, ex. cup4cup multipurpose flour
- 2 sticks softened butter, room temperature
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 c. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 c. coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 c. chocolate chips
Making the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a 9×13" baking dish with butter or cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, mix together flour, butter, both sugars, and salt. Pulse until it becomes crumbly like wet sand and a dough forms.
- Press dough evenly into prepared pan and bake for about 20-22 minutes or until edges of crust are a light golden brown.
Making the Filling:
- While the crust is baking, make the filling. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add in the corn syrup, heavy cream, brown sugar, and honey and stir to combine. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes while continuously stirring.
- Turn off fire and add in vanilla extract. Toss in the chopped pecans and chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Once crust is finished baking, carefully pour and spread the chocolate filling mixture evenly over the crust.
- Return back to the oven and bake for another 30-35 minutes or until filling mixture begins to set and edges are bubbling.
- Let cool completely before slicing into squares. I like to refrigerate my bars to set up faster. Makes 24 bars.
For more delicious dessert bar recipes, check out these: Gluten-Free S’mores Cookie Bars, Peppermint Cheesecake Bars (Gluten-Free), Oatmeal Cherry Bars (Gluten-Free), Sugar Cookie Bars (Gluten-Free), Peppermint Cheesecake Bars (Gluten-Free).
Did you make this recipe? Please rate this recipe down below and let us know in the comments what you think of it. Also tag us on Pinterest and Instagram @thetickledtastebud so we can see when you make any of our recipes. We love seeing everything you guys make 😀
Keep in touch! Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook! Also, make sure you’re subscribed to our email list so you never miss a single recipe.
Thanks for stopping by and happy holidays to you!
Copyright © The Tickled Tastebud. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to like back to this post for the original recipe and directions.
I’m definitely adding these to my recipe collection! What a great combination!❤
Thank you! These are simple, yet delicious bars that are great for the holidays, or really anytime of year! 😁