Jump to Recipe
Super soft, thick, and dreamy…these Sugar Cookie Bars (Gluten-Free) are nothing short of amazing!
These Gluten-Free Sugar Cookie Bars have the softest texture. They’re also filled with fun sprinkles and topped with a simple, yet delicious buttercream frosting.
Then, to top it all off, you guessed it, more colorful fun sprinkles!
I’m sure you’re aware of those store bought Lofthouse brand cookies. They’re pillow-y soft and have this melt in your mouth kind of thing going on.
Well, I liken these cookie bars to those famous store bought cookies. The cool thing about these cookie bars is that it only takes one pan and one baking time.
In other words, you don’t have to wait for this dough to chill, scoop out each portion and have multiple baking times. It’s not only a delicious recipe, but simple at the same time. Who doesn’t like simple?
Have fun with these Sugar Cookie Bars. Try coloring the frosting different colors to coordinate with different holidays.
Use different colored sprinkles as well. These would be perfect for any holiday, celebration, or “just because”.
I think you’ll come to love these Sugar Cookie Bars as much as my family and I have come to enjoy 😉
For another super delicious gluten-free bar, check out our Peppermint Cheesecake Bars (gluten-free). If you like the chocolate and peppermint combo, then these are your jam!
Use Room Temperature Ingredients
Make sure you take out the butter, cream cheese, and eggs out of the fridge and keep them on the counter for at least 30 minutes to an hour to bring them to room temperature.
Using room temperature ingredients ensures that these bars bake up better and softer.
Sugar Cookie Bars (Gluten-Free)
- 9 x 13" baking dish
For the Cookies:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour, Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 TBSP. milk, to thin out frosting, if needed
- sprinkles for on top, optional
Making the Cookie Bars:
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream the softened butter and cream cheese together. About a minute.
- Pour in both sugars and continue to beat on high until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Next, add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Pour in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Beat on high speed until everything is mixed well.
- Pour sprinkles in and mix by hand.
- Spray a 9 x 13" baking dish with cooking spray. Place cookie dough in dish and press dough to fit pan. Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Ours baked for 25 minutes and came out perfect. Keep an eye on yours so they don't overbake or burn.
- Once cookie bars are out of the oven, let them cool completely before frosting them.
Making the Buttercream Frosting:
- In a bowl using a hand mixer or stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the softened butter on high speed until it is smooth and creamy. About a minute.
- Add to the butter the vanilla extract and salt and continue to blend on high speed until everything is blended well.
- Add in the powdered sugar about 1/2 cup at a time so it doesn't make a huge mess. Add in the milk (if needed to thin out). Blend on high speed until frosting is nice and smooth.
- Frost the cookie bars with buttercream frosting and sprinkle colorful sprinkles over the top. Makes about 24 bars.
If you make these delicious Sugar Cookie Bars, be sure to let us know down in the comments how you liked them 🙂 We would also love if you would rate this recipe.
If you’re on Pinterest, please follow us! Also, feel free to save these pictures below to your Pinterest boards.
If you make these cookie bars or any of our other delicious recipes, you can tag us on Instagram at @thetickledtastebud; we’d love to see your creations!
Copyright © The Tickled Tastebud. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to like back to this post for the original recipe and directions.