This bright, colorful gluten-free Fruit Pizza is a summery treat that everyone will enjoy. I love pizza, but fruit pizza? Yes, please!
It’s a dessert worthy of any occasion, from potlucks and picnics to birthday parties and backyard barbecues. It’s truly a summertime staple dessert!
What’s in Fruit Pizza?
The base or “crust” of the pizza is made out of a homemade sugar cookie.
Then, it’s topped with a luscious cream cheese layer which represents the “cheese” on pizza.
Then, it’s layered with the “sauce” which is canned cherry pie filling.
Top it all off with a variety of mixed fruits. That’s where it gets fun, you can choose any fruits your little heart desires.
Choose fruits that are in season or whatever your family enjoys.
It’s a dessert that’s as delicious as it is beautiful, with its vibrant colors and refreshing flavors.
Craving more fruit type desserts? You gotta try these then:
How to Make Fruit Pizza
Making Fruit Pizza is really easy to make.
You’ll start by making the sugar cookie dough, chilling it for 30 minutes, and then baking it for about 15-18 minutes. Once cookie crust is cooled, spread the sweet cream cheese filling evenly all over.
Next, grab the can of cherry pie filling and carefully spread that over the cream cheese layer.
Last, cut up the fruits and place all over the top…just like pizza toppings. You can add more or less fruit depending on your preference.
That’s it! It really is that simple and so fun to make.
What are the best fruits to use?
I like using an array of fresh colorful fruits. Try these or pick your favorites.
Berries: Strawberries, Blackberries, Blueberries, Raspberries
How long will Fruit Pizza Last?
It’s best eaten the first day. Even the second day is totally fine, if stored properly in the fridge. Just know that the cream cheese layer and all the fruits may start to make the cookie crust a little more moist as time goes on.
Store any left overs in an airtight container for up to two days.
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 1/2 c. flour, Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten-Free baking flour or all purpose flour
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 8 oz. brick cream cheese, softened
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 TBSP. butter, softened
- 1 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
- Mixed Fruits, Kiwi, blueberries, blackberries, mandarin oranges etc.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Start by making the cookie base. Stick dough in fridge to chill for about 30 minutes. This helps it to be more workable and less sticky.
- Press dough evenly in a 12-14" pizza pan and bake for about 15-18 minutes. Ours baked for 18 minutes and came out perfect. Make sure yours doesn't burn or overbake and become crispy.
- Once out of oven, let cookie base cool completely before frosting.
- Meanwhile, make the cream cheese filling. Spread all over cooled cookie base.
- Spread cherry pie filling evenly over cream cheese and arrange various fruits on top. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Well then, leave us a comment below and don’t forget to leave us a star rating, too!
Also, be sure and subscribe to our email list…why not? It’s fast and easy!
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look around. We hope you enjoy our recipes and will find yourself coming back for more!
See you soon…Happy eating!
Copyright © The Tickled Tastebud. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to like back to this post for the original recipe and directions.