This Refreshing Lemonade Cake is the perfect balance of tart and not too sweet lemon-y goodness; it will tickle your taste buds! For all the lemon lovers out there, this easy lemonade cake is a citrusy dream come true.
This refreshing lemonade cake is the ideal summer dessert to serve at all of your summertime parties and even as a weekend dessert for your family.
For instance, this cake would be a great addition to take to a summer BBQ, a potluck, or even your next family reunion. Trust me, people will be coming back for seconds; it’s that good!
Refreshing Lemonade Cake recipe
This lemon dessert starts out with a store bought lemon cake mix. Bake the cake as the directions state on the box. I baked my cake for 27 minutes.
After the cake has been out of the oven and is still warm, poke holes throughout the cake with a fork. Next, mix up the lemonade concentrate with the powdered sugar and pour it all over the cake.
Allow the lemonade glaze mixture to absorb into the cake. I like to refrigerate my cake while I am making the homemade lemon pie filling.
Homemade Lemon Pie Filling
This homemade lemon pie filling is so insanely easy and quick to make. Now, you can choose to use a store bought lemon pie filling for this recipe, and that’s totally OK; but I prefer the homemade kind! (See the recipe section for the pie filling down below).
This lemon pie filling only takes five ingredients to make, all of which you probably already have in your kitchen.
Additionally, this recipe can be whipped up in a matter of minutes. Once you see how ridiculously easy it is to make my homemade lemon pie filling, you’ll ditch the store bought kind.
Once made, allow it to cool down to room temperature before spreading it on the cake.
Next, I used a whole tub of whipped topping to top it all off. I just dolloped spoonfuls of the whipped topping all over the pie filling to make it easier to spread across.
Lastly, refrigerate for at least an hour before eating.
I hope you like this delicious cake recipe as much as my family and I do. Enjoy!
Love Cake? We think you’ll love these then: Caramel Apple Dump Cake, Gluten-Free Peach Pound Cake, Gluten-Free Strawberry Crunch Poke Cake, Apple Harvest Snack Cake (Gluten-Free)Gluten-Free Funfetti Cake, and Double Chocolate Bundt Cake (Gluten-Free).
Refreshing Lemonade Cake
- 9 x13 pan
- 1 box Lemon cake mix, 15.25 oz box
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- homemade lemon pie filling, or use 1 store bought can
- 1 tub whipped topping
Homemade Lemon Pie Filling
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Bake the cake mix according to box instructions.
- Pour into a 9 x 13" pan. Bake for 28-33 minutes (my cake baked for 27 minutes).
- After the cake is out of the oven and still warm, poke fork all throughout the cake.
- Next, mix up the lemonade concentrate with the powdered sugar and pour mixture evenly over the cake. Let the cake cool to room temperature and then put it into the fridge for at least one hour to chill.
For the Pie Filling:
- In a saucepan, mix together the cold water and cornstarch. Mix until dissolved.
- Once dissolved, add the sugar, fresh lemon juice, and lightly beaten egg.
- Cook mixture over low/medium heat, constantly stirring until mixture starts to thicken.
- (Optional) Add yellow food coloring next, if desired.
- Remove thickened pie filling from heat and allow to cool completely before eating.
- Remove cooled cake from the fridge and spread the homemade lemon pie filling all over it. Last, use an entire 8 oz. tub of whipped topping and dollop all over the pie filling (this makes it easier to spread). Carefully spread whipped topping over entire cake. Slice and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Let us know what you think, and while you’re at it, please rate this recipe down below, too!
Keep in touch! Subscribe to our email list so you never miss a single recipe. It’s free and easy!
Thanks for stopping by, see you again soon!
Copyright © The Tickled Tastebud. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to link back to this post for the original recipe and directions.