Jump to Recipe
Get ready to enjoy the classic taste of banana pie flavor in these gluten-free Banana Cream Pie Bars. It all starts with a gluten-free cookie bar base topped with a sweet cream cheese filling. Then, add on fresh banana slices and thick, creamy banana pie pudding. Top it off with cool whip and you have an easy and delightful dessert!
I’m all about making easy desserts and these Banana Cream Pie Bars are just that…easy and oh-so delicious!
I don’t know about you, but I love all the flavors of banana cream pie. It’s creamy and cool and just so stinkin’ good! Plus, it’s the kind of dessert that can be made year round and it’s perfect for the holiday season, too!
This is the kind of dessert that’s perfect for potlucks, bake sales, birthdays, summer BBQ’s, or anytime you’re in the mood for a delicious banana cream pie dessert.
Making Banana Cream Pie Bars
You’ll start off by making the cookie bar base. This cookie bar base comes from my Sugar Cookie Bars (Gluten-Free) recipe. This is one of my favorite desserts I make, but you can check out that recipe and see for yourself.
After the cookie bars have baked, and while they are cooling, go ahead and make the sweet cream cheese filling. Just make sure the bars are cool enough for you to spread on the cream cheese filling so it doesn’t melt all over.
Grab those bananas and start slicing! You’ll want them thin enough to cover the entire surface. Layer all over, evenly, on top of the cream cheese filling.
Next, make the Banana pudding and layer that on top of the banana slices.
It’s important to note here to only use cow’s milk when it comes to making the pudding, otherwise if you use a plant based milk it may not set up thick like we want for this recipe.
Top dessert with more whipped topping. Chill in fridge for 2-3 hours or until firm and set up.
If desired, you can top dessert with more sliced bananas and even crushed vanilla wafer cookies. Just make sure to slice bananas right before serving so they don’t turn brown and mushy.
More Dessert Bars
Here are some other scrumptious bars we think you’ll like:
Chocolate Pecan Bars (Gluten Free
Oatmeal Cherry Bars (Gluten-Free)
Gluten-Free S’mores Cookie Bars
Sugar Cookie Bars (Gluten-Free)
Peppermint Cheesecake Bars (Gluten-Free)
How long will Banana Cream Pie Bars last?
Not long, lol. This scrumptious dessert doesn’t last long at my house! It’s gobbled up pretty quickly. However, in those instances where you have leftovers, this will last for up to 3 days in the fridge if it’s in an airtight container. Any longer and the banana slices get soft and a little mushy.
Can it be stored in the freezer?
It won’t work storing this dessert in the freezer because the pudding will be soggy once defrosted. It’s best to store left overs in the fridge.
Banana Cream Pie Bars
- 1 9×13" glass baking dish
For the Crust
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temp.
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 c. gluten-free flour, ex. Bob's Red Mill 1to1 GF baking flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
Cream Cheese Filling
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 2 c. whipped topping
- 4 large bananas, thinly sliced
- 2 3.4 oz boxes Jello brand instant banana cream pudding
- 3 c. cow's milk
Extra whipped topping for top of dessert
- extra sliced bananas, optional
- vanilla wafer cookies, optional
Making the Banana Cream Pie Bars
- To make the cookie bar base, cream together softened butter and both sugars. Add in the eggs, salt, and vanilla extract and blend until just combined.
- Next, add in the flour and baking powder and blend until mixture forms a dough. Press dough into a greased 9×13" baking dish. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until light golden on top. Mine baked for 22 minutes and came out perfect. Make sure not to over bake cookie dough.
- After the cookie bars have baked, and while it's cooling, go ahead and make the sweet cream cheese filling. Blend together softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Spread carefully over cooled cookie bar crust.
- Grab those bananas and start slicing! You'll want them thin enough to cover the entire surface. Layer all over, evenly, on top of the cream cheese filling.
- Next, make the Banana pudding. Whisk together vanilla pudding mix and milk until thickened. Dollop over cream cheese filling and spread evenly.
- Finally, Spread more whipped topping over entire dessert and chill in fridge for about 2-3 hours or until set up.
- Top with more banana slices and crushed or whole vanilla wafer cookies, if desired. Remember to add extra banana slices just before serving.
Did you make this recipe? Please let us know what you think down in the comments and don’t forget to give this recipe a star rating!
Hungry for more? Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. And if you make this recipe or any of our other recipes then be sure to tag us in your posts at @thetickledtastebud so we can see your pics!
Thanks for stopping by & happy baking!
Copyright © The Tickled Tastebud. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to like back to this post for the original recipe and directions.
Can’t wait to make these and give them to my family who love banana cream!!!