If you’re looking for an easy weeknight dinner, look no further than this Pizza Pasta Casserole. It combines gluten-free pasta with all the delicious flavors of pizza.
It’s just like pizza without having gluten. For those who have celiac issues or sensitivities to gluten, this is your alternative. This dish has become a new family favorite of ours.
When you have people coming over to your house and you need to make a large dish for dinner, casseroles are always a good choice. With this Pizza Pasta Casserole your dinner will be a hit!
Those that are used to casseroles know how easy they are to make.
Pizza Pasta Casserole Recipe
Start out by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
In a large pot, cook gluten-free pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain pasta and bring back to pot. While your pasta is cooking start to brown your Italian sausage.
Once sausage is almost cooked through, add in about half of the bag of pepperonis. Make sure sausage is thoroughly cooked.
Add the cooked meats with your pasta and then your 2 jars of pasta sauces, then mix. Then, add your cheeses and olives (save a little of the olives to add to the top of your casserole), and oregano.
Add the this mixture to our 9 x 13 casserole baking dish. Sprinkle a little more mozzarella to the top of your casserole. With the little bit of olives you saved add these to the top of your casserole as well, with a bit more oregano and pepperonis added to the top of your casserole.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. It’s really that simple.
For a detailed list of instructions please refer to the recipe below.
Side note: We used Barilla Gluten-free pasta for this recipe. My wife has been gluten-free for awhile and we have found that this brand has perfected it’s recipe to be just like regular pasta. You can’t tell the difference. Happy Eating!
Pizza Pasta Casserole
- 9 x 13 casserole dish
- 12 oz. gluten-free penne pasta
- 50 oz. pasta sauce
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 6 oz. pepperonis
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, plus a little more for on top of casserole
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 oz. olives, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain well and return back to pot.
- In a large skillet, brown 1 pound of Italian sausage.
- When sausage is almost cooked through, add in half of the package of pepperonis. Cook a few more minutes longer.
- Add both jars of pasta sauce to meat mixture and mix together.
- In the large pot with the cooked pasta in it, add the meat mixture, most of the sliced black olives (reserve a little for on top of casserole), mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, dried oregano, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all these ingredients thoroughly and pour into a 9 x 13" casserole baking dish.
- Sprinkle a little more mozzarella cheese, rest of the sliced olives, and the other half of the pepperoni's on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Here are a couple of pictures that are perfect for pinning to your Pinterest boards.
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to our weekly recipe newsletter to see what we are making in the kitchen this week. As of now Autumn is here and we are so excited to make our Autumn favorites.
Copyright © The Tickled Tastebud. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to like back to this post for the original recipe and directions.