Jump to Recipe
Fall is officially here! How about you celebrate by making this easy peasy Apple-Pear Galette. It’s an effortless dessert to put together but makes for a visually stunning presentation.
This Apple-Pear Galette is filled with a juicy, crisp apple and pear. You can choose your favorite apple and pear to use for this recipe, however, I chose Gala apple and Bosc pear.
Did I mention how easy it is to make this galette? This recipe uses a store bought crust, making your job easier and less stressful.
From scratch pie crusts aren’t necessarily hard to make, but they do take time to prepare and chill. I give you full permission to go ahead and just use the store bought kind.
Now, just a little heads up. I normally try and post up gluten-free dishes, however, this recipe is NOT gluten-free because of the pie crust. Just wanted to make that known.
You can, of course, make your own pie dough with gluten-free flour and this recipe then becomes a gluten-free galette!
What’s a Galette, you ask?
It is a French term meaning “flat cake” and originated in, you guessed it, France!
A fruit galette, like the one in these pictures, resembles a single pie crust filled with seasonal fruits and the edges of the crust are folded only partway.
The result: a rustic, delightful dessert that is so easy to make but says, “I’m fancy!”
Galettes are imperfect little pies: that’s what makes them so charming.
Instead of making the typical apple pie for your next holiday dessert, try your hand at these simple half-pies and save yourself some time.
I topped my galette with a homemade salted caramel sauce. I’m not going to post the recipe for the caramel sauce quite yet because I’m still working on getting the consistency just right before I do.
In the meantime, you can always use a really good store bought brand. I do recommend using caramel sauce on this galette; it just compliments the fruit and flaky crust.
I want to note as well that the store bought pie crust I bought came in a package of two. So feel free to use both pie crusts and make two galettes. You would just need to double up on the recipe then.
Enjoy this rustic Apple-Pear Galette this holiday season– just make sure to have caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream on hand to serve with it.
Apple-Pear Galette Recipe
- 1 apple
- 1 pear
- 1/2 TBSP. corn starch
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1 pie crust, store bought
- coarse sugar and ground cinnamon for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut apple & pear in half, core them, and thinly slice them and add to a bowl. (I did not peel my fruit)
- In the bowl, add in 1/2 TBSP. of cornstarch, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp. ground allspice.
- Coat apple and pear slices with spice mixture until evenly incorporated.
- Next, roll out the store bought pie crust and place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Add the fruit mixture to the middle of the pie crust, making sure to leave about 2 inches of pie crust edge exposed.
- Brush the beaten egg on the outer edges of crust.
- Start on one side, folding one section of the crust up on the fruit mixture and going clockwise folding the next section up and so forth until all sections have been folded.
- Brush entire folded crust with beaten egg and sprinkle a small amount of coarse sugar and ground cinnamon over entire galette.
- Bake galette for a total of 40 minutes (30 minutes covered with foil and the last 10 minutes without foil).
- Let cool before cutting and serving.
- Enjoy with homemade or store bought caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream.
Here are a couple of pictures that are perfect for pinning to your Pinterest boards.
We’d love to hear from you. Feel free to leave a comment down below.
Also, come follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Be sure to check out our other yummy recipes. Our most recent recipe was our Cranberry-Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies. These cranberry-oatmeal sandwich cookies are filled with a heavenly white chocolate buttercream filling and are incredibly delicious.
Copyright © The Tickled Tastebud. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to like back to this post for the original recipe and directions.
Leave a Reply