Jump to Recipe
Halloween is right around the corner and boy, do I have a special treat for your lil’ ghosts and goblins to enjoy! My Halloween Caramel Corn can be a spooky (yummy) treat the whole family can enjoy while watching your favorite Halloween movies.
It’s a classic buttery, sweet caramel corn recipe drizzled in melted white chocolate (dyed purple). Then, it’s decked out in fun halloween colored chocolate coated candies and mini Reese’s PB cups.
This should be Halloween’s official sweet treat!
This recipe makes a large batch and is perfect for Halloween parties. And, these would even be cute to wrap up in cellophane bags to give away as gifts to your kiddo’s teachers or friends and family.
Remember, you can always follow the recipe when it comes to the addition of candies, or you can feel free to add less or even more, if you desire.
You can even add in some orange, purple, or green colored sprinkles to make it even more colorful. If you do add sprinkles, make sure to add them while the caramel corn is still warm enough so the sprinkles stick better.
As you can see by the pics, I dyed my white chocolate a purple color to match the purple m&m’s. Likewise, you could try orange or green gel food coloring. Or, simply leave it white.
I used the Wilton Icing Colors 12-Piece Gel Food Coloring Set in the colors Black and Violet to give it the deeper purple color.
Storing Halloween Caramel Corn
You can store this caramel corn in an airtight container for up to a week. Although, I highly doubt it will last that long! 😆
Make sure you have something warm to drink after a cool evening of Trick or Treating. Check out our super easy Creamy Caramel Apple Cider. It’s comfort drink to the max!
- 24 c. popped corn
- 1 c. butter
- 2 c. brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. white chocolate chips, melted + 1 TBSP. oil
- food coloring gel, optional
- 1/2 c. halloween edition m&m's
- 1 c. Reese's mini PB cups
- Place popcorn in an extra large bowl. Discard unpopped kernels and set popcorn aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, over medium heat, combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Stir occasionally until mixture comes to a rolling boil.
- Cook for another 5 minutes making sure to stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and add in the vanilla and baking soda and stir until mixture turns lighter.
- Pour hot caramel over popcorn and mix with silicon spatula until well coated.
- Divide popcorn between 2 ungreased rimmed cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 degrees F. for one hour. Gently stir popcorn every 15 minutes.
- While popcorn is baking, melt white chocolate chips with 1 Tablespoon of oil in small saucepan and stir continuously until mixture is smooth and creamy. Add 1 tsp. additional oil if necessary.
- Take chocolate off of heat and stir in gel food coloring, if desired.
- Once pans are out of oven, drizzle melted white chocolate over caramel corn using a fork or spoon. Scatter chocolate candies and mini Reese's PB cups all over.
We hope you and your family enjoy a safe and fun Halloween this year! If you do make this yummy spooky Caramel Corn, please let us know what you think down in the comments and make sure to give this recipe a star rating below.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. And use the tag @thetickledtastebud so we can see your pictures if you make this recipe.
Happy Halloween and…Happy Eating!
Copyright © The Tickled Tastebud. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to like back to this post for the original recipe and directions.
Leave a Reply