Fall is soon approaching and I’m beyond over this heat! I’m really looking forward to the cooler weather and all the delicious comfort foods during the fall season. Just like this Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Crisp…it’s comfort dessert to the max!
It’s like biting into a pumpkin pie without the crust. I know, I love crust too, but instead this dessert has a “crust like” topping made out of cake mix.
This Gluten-free Pumpkin Pie Crisp has all the wonderful flavors of traditional pumpkin pie but gets an elevated flavor with the buttery dense yellow cake topping and crunchy pecans. Sounds delectable, right? Well, it totally is!
Add a little homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on a warm slice of this pumpkin pie crisp and it will be a dessert the whole family will gobble up.
In addition to this tasting fabulous, It really is a pretty simple dessert to whip up. And because it’s made in a 9 x 13″ casserole dish, you can bet it feeds a lot of peeps.
I think this Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Crisp will soon become a new holiday favorite for you and your family!
In the mood for all things Pumpkin? Try our Pumpkin Cheesecake (gluten-free). This is literally like the best cheesecake, ever! Or, if you’re in the mood for a cold treat, check out our gluten-free Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream. And you can never go wrong with a classic Pumpkin Roll (gluten-free).
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Crisp
- 13 x 9" casserole dish
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- 1 29 oz. can pure pumpkin
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs, room temp.
- 1 bag/box gluten-free yellow cake mix
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- whipped topping, optional
- In a large bowl, or stand mixer, mix together the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and eggs. Scrape down bowl in between mixing. Pour pumpkin mixture into a greased 9 x 13" casserole dish.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans over dry cake mix. Next, pour melted butter over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 50-60 minutes. Mine baked for an hour. Yours may be less or more time depending on your oven; so keep an eye on it.
- Let cool a bit before serving. Optional: add whipped cream or scoop of vanilla ice cream on top while dessert is still warm.
Keep in touch! You can find us over on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. If you make this recipe, or any of our other recipes, then be sure to tag us in your posts at @thetickledtastebud so we can see your pics.
Subscribe to our email list! Make sure and also subscribe to our email list here on the blog so you never miss a single recipe.
We’d love to hear from you! Let us know in the comments what you think about this yummy dessert and make sure to also leave this recipe a star rating, too.
Copyright © The Tickled Tastebud. All content and images are copyright protected. Do not use any images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, make sure to re-write the recipe in your own words and only list ingredients making sure to like back to this post for the original recipe and directions.